Sunday, March 18, 2018

Walt Disney World!


Walt Disney World 

Hi everyone!!! In today's blog I am going to talk about my 2017 visit to my favorite place on Earth, Walt Disney World!

In the summer of 2016, my best friend Toni and I decided to plan a week long trip to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. While I have been before with my family, I have not been back in years, so I wanted to go and experience the parks since I have gotten a lot older. We picked the month of January 2017 to go on our trip and it was the perfect time. The rides had almost no lines everywhere and there was not a lot of crowds at all! It was awesome! We got to meet every single Disney princess there is at the parks and also tons of other characters too. Disney World has 4 different parks that you can visit. There is Magic Kingdom (pictured in the photo above), Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. My personal favorite is Magic Kingdom. The castle is so beautiful and everywhere you walk is sooooo magical! There are a lot of rides to choose from too, there are roller coasters indoors and outdoors, fun shows to enjoy and even simple things to go on like a ferris wheel or spinning teacups. We also got to enjoy some of the yummy food Disney World offers. We started everyday off with an amazing plate of Mickey shaped waffles! My favorite thing I got was my Mickey ice cream sandwich. It was delicious! The other amazing thing about Disney World is the epic firework display that they put on every night. WOW! We were in awe every time we got to see them. Every part of the show is pure magic. We got up so early everyday and stayed out so late just to be able to do every ride we wanted to. I am so glad we were able to accomplish everything we wanted to do there! I can't wait to return to Disney World again!





















Vocabulary
1. plan- decide or put together in advance.
2. experience- to do or see something new
3. visit- to go and see something/someone
4. delicious- a great taste
5. epic- something that is really big and/or impressive
6. display- a performance or showing for the public
7. pure- nothing else but
8. personal- something that belongs to someone or someone's feelings
9. accomplish- to complete something successfully
10. simple- easy or basic


Vocabulary Exercise

Fill in the blanks in the following story with the vocabulary terms listed above!

In the summer, my mom surprised my siblings and I with a awesome, ______ pool! We were so excited and so ready to put our new toy out on ________ for all of our friends. We needed to __________  a day for our friends to come over and _____________ our new pool. We got a pen and paper and took notes on how we thought we can make our friends' __________ to our pool even better. We decided on baking __________ cupcakes and cookies and even having a smoothie bar (with mom's permission!) We __________ our planning and then mom decides to take us to the store to buy new toys and floats for our pool. It was so much fun! I decided on a ___________ doughnut floatie while my brother's _____________ personal choice was a huge dinosaur on a rocketship. A few days later, our big day we planned for was finally here!! It was great. We had so many friends over and we had such a great time swimming and playing in the pool. It was ________ amazing-ness!!


Grammar Point

INTERJECTIONS!!

While we may not always use interjections in our writings, we definitely use them when we are talking to one another!

Interjections are words that are used to express a strong feeling or sudden emotion. These can be used in several ways of expression. You can use them for a happy emotion or even a disgusted emotion. Here are some examples and the interjections are bolded/italicized:

UGH! Why do my shoes smell so bad?
WOW! That birthday cake tastes so good!
Hey! That was my piece of paper!


Grammar Exercise

Now its your turn!

Add the correct interjection from the choices below into the correct sentence.

INTERJECTION CHOICES:
 -Hey!
-Wow!
-Oops!
-Ouch!
-Holy Cow!
-Yuck!
-Hooray!
-Congratulations!


SENTENCES: 

1. That plane looks like it is way too close to the ground! _______________!
2. I heard that you get to graduate early! ________________! Do you know where you want to go to college yet?
3. ___________! Someone left their dirty clothes on the table!
4. ____________! My grades are really great this semester!
5. I heard she broke her leg in an accident. __________!
6. I'm so sorry I spilled your milk. __________!
7. ________! Give that back please!
8. You are a great singer, everyone in the crowd was saying, "__________"!




1 comment:

  1. I really like this entry. I enjoyed reading about your adventures at Disney, which I am sure was better in January than in August, when I was there. I also liked your grammar point on interjections> Well done!

    ReplyDelete