Sunday, March 18, 2018

Foods From All Different Cultures!

Image result for american food



Image result for real italian food




Foods From All Different Cultures!

HI everyone! Thanks for following along with my posts.
In this blog, we will be talking about my favorite thing: FOOD!
But not just any type of food, ALL types of food!!!




Image result for taco bellIn our country, lucky for us, we get to try all different types of foods from many unique cultures. There are foods around us that are Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Italian, American, Indian, Colombian and many, many more! Today, I am going to talk about my four personal favorites. First, I'll start with my top pick: Mexican food!  I could eat this type of cuisine every day if I could! Mexican food consists mainly of rice, tacos, burritos, beans, chicken/other meats, guacamole, sour cream, and nachos. Delicious! My favorite Mexican restaurant is Chipotle, but for a quick bite I'll settle for Taco Bell.


Image result for rainbow cookie
Image result for italian foodMy second favorite type of food would have to be Italian. Being Italian myself, most of my family meals consist of foods from Italy such as pizza, pasta, fish, breads, meatballs, lasagna, raviolis and so many other things, too. Besides the savory foods, Italy has also provided us with many sweet treats too! My favorite Italian treat is a rainbow tri-color cookie. My aunt, sister and I even made our own attempt to make the famous cookie! It was great.


Related image
Image result for doughnut platterThird comes our own country's famous foods! American food is always a great treat to have. We have come up with things such as hot dogs, cheeseburgers, cheese fries, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, onion rings, mashed potatoes and so many more! Like the Italian food, we have also came up with some amazing sweet treats too such as peanut butter, pancakes, doughnuts and banana splits!



Image result for lo meinImage result for egg rollFinally, my final favorite, would have to be Chinese food. These foods are the ultimate comfort foods! There is such a huge variety, Chinese food in the United States has on menus things such as soups, egg rolls, chicken, many vegetables, noodles, and rice. My family and I get Chinese food all the time, it is most definitely our weekly treat. I have been eating this since I was little!





Vocabulary:
1. ultimate: the best of it's kind!
2. menu: a list of items that are available to order at a restaurant.
3. variety: a number of things
4. unique: only one of it's kind, special.
5. culture: the customs, arts, foods, etc. of a specific group of people.
6. cuisine: food that is cooked a certain way.
7. savory: salty or spicy foods
8. bite: a quick snack
9. provide: to present or supply
10. consist: be made up of

Vocabulary Exercise: 

Now its your turn!
Use the vocabulary words listed above to create your own paragraph about your own favorite type of food! It can be any type, not just the ones listed in my writing! Whatever is YOUR favorite! 



Grammar Point
ARTICLES!

In all of our writings we are ALWAYS using articles! 

Articles signal that a noun is going to follow.

For example, in the sentence: 

"I love the dog in the blue sweater" 

The word "the" is the article because it is placed before the noun "dog".

Articles do not always have to be the word "the", it can also be the words "a" or "an" too!!

Grammar Exercise
Now you give it a try!
Identify the articles in each sentence. 

 1. I am a student at Molloy College.
2. My favorite animal is a chubby pig. 
3. The group of friends went out for dinner.
4. My mom loves the smell of vanilla.
5. Ice cream is the best dessert.
6. My teacher is a great person.
7. I love to type on the computer.
8. The desk is broken.
9. We all got invited to a party, but we do not want to go. 
10. An animal from the zoo is not something you would want in the house!



 

2 comments:

  1. This blog post is a great way to introduce English language learners to American culture and customs. I like how the vocabulary exercise gives students the opportunity to share their own favorite foods and aspects of their own culture. Also, it was a good idea to make your grammar point about articles since they are so commonly used in the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that you give an overview of several different cuisines, including American. You write well and fluently, and your grammar and vocabulary sections are very good.

    ReplyDelete