Sunday, March 18, 2018

Jamaica!

JAMAICA!
 
As I sit here updating my blog, I can't help but think about my upcoming trip to Jamaica in April. I have never been before, but I am so excited to go. My sister has visited before with her friends so she will be a great tour guide. I can't wait to have a nice getaway. I am going to be going with my mom, dad and sister on this trip, and we all haven't taken a family vacation together in about two years. We are all excited to have a small but relaxing trip down in Jamaica. I have heard such wonderful things about the resort we get to stay at and even the country in itself. It is supposed to be SO beautiful and so calm. I cannot wait to swim in the pool and the ocean, also to sit out in the sun! I hope they have some activities on the resort too like kayaking or snorkeling.  I hope the trip comes fast! 

Image result for montego bay jamaica
Vocabulary:
1. update: adding new information
2. upcoming: about to happen
3. tour: a journey in which several places are visited
4. guide: a person who shows the way to others
5. vacation: a period of time for fun, spent away from home
6. relax: rest or do an enjoyable activity
7. kayaking: a canoe type of boat with a small opening to sit in, you can do it alone or with a partner, and comes with paddles to get the boat moving in the water.
8. calm: not disturbed
9.  snorkeling: goggles for your eyes and a tube to breathe through while your head is underwater viewing fish and other sea creatures that may be around you.
10. resort: a place that is popular to go to for a vacation.

Vocabulary Exercise:
Using your vocabulary words above, think of somewhere that you would want to go on a vacation? Does anywhere come to mind? Or have you been somewhere already that you'd like to return to? Share with me! Write a small paragraph about it.

Grammar Point: 
CONJUCTIONS!

Conjunctions are small words that are used in a sentence to combine two thoughts or sentences into one.

For example, in the sentence, "I want to travel to either Italy or Greece" the word "or" is the conjunction.

Conjunctions are not always the word "or" though. Other conjunctions include "for", "yet", "and", "but" and "nor" 

Grammar Exercise:
Your turn! 
Find and underline the conjunctions in the sentence.

1. I started school doing well, but now I am having trouble.
2. I love to eat apples, oranges and pears.
3. My friends went without me on the trip, for I am very sick today.
4. The homework my teacher gives me is easy, yet I still am too lazy to complete it!
5. I don't like to eat bananas, nor do I like grapes.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you really enjoy your trip to Jamaica and that you will tell us all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete